You must have heard of the benefits of consuming Ashwagandha tablets or other Ashwagandha capsules and supplements. Ashwagandha is also called Withania Somnifera and is a herb widely used throughout Ayurvedic medicine for diverse purposes. Ashwa means horse in Sanskrit and Gandha means smell. It is named since the root comes with a potent aroma which is almost horse-like. It is also known as Indian Ginseng.
While Ashwagandha testosterone benefits are widely known, it is not just primarily for solving issues like erectile dysfunction. Ashwagandha is an aphrodisiac which stimulates physical desire. It has found mention in the Kama Sutra for enhancing sexual pleasure and health while improving vitality and mental strength. Here are some other reasons why serious gym goers should consider consuming Ashwagandha.
- Ashwagandha functions as an adaptogen which combats the chemical and physical impact of stress. Ashwagandha helps in controlling several stress-linked problems, including insomnia, nervousness, depression, elevated cortisol levels and anxiety among others.
- Ashwagandha helps in lowering total cholesterol by approximately 10% as per studies. This naturally helps those with high cholesterol levels.
- Ashwagandha works to lower fatigue and tiredness on a regular basis. This is a boon for elite athletes and gym goers.
- It helps in combating cancer as illustrated through numerous studies. Several reports have indicated that Ashwagandha may slow down the growth of several kinds of cancer cells, including in the breast, lung, CNS and breast.
- It enhances sperm quality through revitalization of reproductive hormones and helping lower infertility.
- Ashwagandha has superior antioxidant attributes. These include boosting cognitive capabilities, lowering stress levels, ensuring lower inflammation and also ensuring benefits related to anti-ageing.
- Consuming Ashwagandha tablets may help enhance overall power output and performance alike. The Ashwagandha group may enhance performance in exercises like leg extensions and bench press among other intensive moves.
Ashwagandha capsules may help in enhancing effects mediated by cortisol along with other muscle building measures. While the exact performance mechanism for the impact of Ashwagandha on cortisol has not been delineated by scientists as of yet, practical evidence of it is useful has been garnered from multifarious scientific evidence. Elevated cortisol may hinder muscle building. It is beneficial for gym goers and athletes to keep their cortisol levels significantly lower. This is the area where Ashwagandha is most beneficial to say the least. Studies have also indicated that the effects of the herb on power and strength are not only dependent upon cortisol. It may lower serum cortisol by approximately 27% as per studies while it may enhance overall testosterone by 17%.
- It may help increase muscle size, raw strength and VO2 as per reports while it helps in reducing blood glucose, LDL or bad cholesterol, hsCRP and triglycerides. It may help in scaling up good or HDL cholesterol strongly along with DHEAs.
Ashwagandha is highly effective when it comes to balancing out and lowering the negative impact of elevated cortisol. This helps in positively boosting strength and performance along with other body markers as well.
While Ashwagandha cannot completely do away with stress, it definitely helps the body tackle the same more effectively. Tracking cortisol levels are important for gym goers and Ashwagandha helps with managing the same. Ashwagandha is a magic herb which also has several other benefits, as outlined above. Serious gym goers and athletes should consider taking the same, for better performance and other vital advantages alike.